Training update:
I went through a little bit of a rough period where my legs were pretty much fried for a couple workouts. I think the workload and all the new stimulus’ finally caught up to me. So, we backed off for a bit and I’m getting back to normal.

So, my last couple workouts were nothing to write home about. Saturday’s was the first where things started looking up. We had 4xmile with 2min+ rest. Like most things we do, it was progressive, so we started at 72ish and took about 2 or so sec off per lap each rep. So, by the end, we were moving pretty good.

That’s about it for now.

Below, I’ve included my powerpoint for one of my classes. I have to give a 45min presentation on the topic and since it’s relevant to some topics I’ve brought up here, I’d figure I’d share it.

Like the content? Join 10,000 others to receive it in your inbox!

* indicates required
African Runners powerpoint.

4 thoughts on “African Runners powerpoint.

• March 23, 2009 at 9:02 pm

steve,
    great presentation. i learned in grad school the rule of 7. this might come in handy for you, it says: “Rules of Seven”: “Seven (7) bullets or lines per page, seven (7) words per line.”
    just food for thought. good luck with school and training.

• March 24, 2009 at 12:38 am

very informative! one small error on slide number 5 though; the best non-african for the 800m is 1:41.7 sebastian coe, correct?

• March 24, 2009 at 12:51 am

Thanks for the info, both of you.

You’re right, Coe’s time I must of just overlooked!

• November 2, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Missed connection:

The women of Kenya and others are documented to carry 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure.

Since your presentation makes no reference to their documented gait efficiencies, how can you think it has no relationship to explaining their distance dominance?

Sport Jester

Time to learn how to be a faster runner! Enjoy your free lecture series.
Enter your information below to receive your free training Video. It’s an hour long lecture on the details behind running fast from 800 meters to the marathon!

There is nothing more gratifying or fulfilling than setting a goal on the outer boundaries of what we think is possible and then systematically pursuing it.

That’s what the Peak Performance Newsletter is all about: How to pursue our goals in every aspect of life. Sign up for our twice a month newsletters that are based on  real science, not bro science!