I am available for speaking engagements on a variety of topics, ranging from pure training to science based presentations. I've been fortunate enough to speak at numerous coaching clinics and conferences across the country that have ranged from national track coaching to strength and conditioning to Major League Soccer conferences.
Listed below are a sampling of presentations I've given.
Consulting- I've been a consultant for numerous olympic level runners and triathletes as well with various professional "ball" sports teams. Whether it is training, nutrition, overtraining, or an interpretation of medical data, I tend to specialize in hard to solve cases and love helping out athletes who are trying to get to the next level or figure out why a season/training went wrong.
I serve on the Advisory board for the startup company RunScribe which is a wearable device that can measure a variety of running biomechanics parameters. RunScribe successfully raised over $250,000 on kickstarter.
If you'd like for me to present, speak, or are looking for consulting, please contact me here.
Recent Conferences spoken at:
- Canadian National Endurance Conference-Vancouver, B.C. December 2011
- 5k/10k training
- American Distance Summit -Charlotte, NC- January 2012
- The Art and Science of Coaching
- 5k/10k Training
- Gulf Coast Tx HS track coaches Clinic- January 2013
- CC Training
- Texas HS Cross Country Clinic- June 2013
- Training for Cross Country
- GAIN- Gambetta Coaches Conference- June 2013
- The Evolution of Endurance Training
- Applying Science to Coaching
- Gulf Coast Tx HS track coaches Clinic- January 2014
- Stress and Adaptation- A new model of endurance training
- GAIN-Gambetta Coaches Conference- June 2014
- The Process of Developing Endurance in Team Sports
- Scientific Myths Explored
- Capon Ridge XC- July 2014
- Willpower, motivation, and Self Control
- Evolution of the Athlete Conference- The University of Queensland, Australia-September 2014
- The Neuroscience of Endurance
- Seattle Sounders MLS- Creating the Antifragile athlete-December 2014
- Metabolic training and conditioning for team sports
- Kentucky Track Coaches Association- January 2015
- Process of Endurance Training
- How HS, college, and Pro's actually train
- Fun with Science- Psychology, Motivation, and Testosterone
In addition to the ones below, I've also given presentations on Strength Endurance Training for Runners (or Endurance events), Cross Country Training, 5k/10k training, Applying science to your running, Barefoot running, and What's wrong with Running Shoes.