Should we start with speed first or endurance? Do you start with a large base of easy running before layering on the speed work, or do we start with running fast before extending it? Those are the questions we tackle during this weeks On Coaching Podcast. Highlights include:
- What lens are you seeing training through? A physiological one or neuromuscular/biomechanical one?
- Why did Lydiard win out against Igloi, Stampfl and the speed based programs?
- What can we learn from the speed based coaches, and should we ever go against our training philosophy?
As a note, we are offering a 50% off of the HPW The Scholar Program, use the COUPON: STRONGERTOGETHER
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- Arthur Lydiard’s Training Schedules
- Bob Schul’s training for the Olympics. Speed work for distance runners.
- Podcast with Alan Webb
Visit our Sponsor
Want to up your coaching game? Try the HPW Scholar series. A massive library of coaching resources, courses, and podcasts that cover everything from training design, elite runners programs, and the psychology of performance. Updated every week with exclusive interviews, lectures, and training plans.
We are offering a 50% off during COVID-19. Visit the HPW The Scholar Program and use the COUPON: STRONGERTOGETHER