I’d like to introduce a program that I’m now offering. An opportunity to join a small group of coaches looking to get better at what they do: coaching.
A mentor is indispensable. They generously pass on their knowledge and wisdom to you, so that you can apply that to your own craft in your own unique way. In creating The Scholar Membership Program, we wanted to do our best to mimic the benefits of having a mentor in the new online world.
While this will never replace a physical mentor, our hope is to raise the game of coaches around the world by curating content in a way that allows you to digest bite size lessons and then get back to your coaching. In developing this program, we asked runners and coaches what they wanted. The concise answer is they want the curtain to be lifted; to have a free flowing discussion on training at the highest level; to know the training plans of our elite athletes, guides to training, recovery, and nutrition, or detailed thoughts on a trending training subject.
To fill this void, I’ve teamed up with Jon Marcus of High Performance West to create our Scholar program, which is our way of helping to take coaching mentorship to the online world. Our goal is to share as much information as possible, from the training our athletes are doing, to coaching concepts we’ve learned. Consider it your insiders look at coaching. You’ll get many of the same pamphlets and guides that we send my professional runners. Every week we add new content.
What you’ll receive:
- Continually Updated EXCLUSIVE Content. New videos, articles, training logs, podcast, and more!
- 20+ Logs of Elite Athletes. Plus commentary on what went right or wrong.
- 18+ Sections of Coaching literature, covering every topic from training to strength to the mental side.
- Behind the scenes training videos, logs, and more.
- In-depth articles on topics related to the Science & Art of coaching and running
- Podcast episodes on specific coaching X’s & O’s only available to Scholars.
- Exclusive Video and Audio series including: Q and A with members, Coaching Philosophy 101, The Soft Skills of Coaching, and many more.
- Interviews with experts in the field. From top notch coaches, scientists and athletes. We dive deep.
- Hundreds of hours of content.
- Book Club Notes. Detailed notes and takeaways on the best coaching books on the planet.
- Comprehensive Training Excerpts of ELITE athletes past and present
- Mini Courses- We will put out targeted courses aimed at a particular coaching subject.
- All for just $29 per month!
What we guarantee:
We will continue to develop and curate content that we think is valuable for the coaching community. We promise to continually update this content so that it is the best coaching resource on the planet. You’ll be the first to hear about our lessons in coaching high school, college, and elite runners.
Take a look at the sampling of lectures, podcasts, notes, training logs, and more! Check it out here!
*The money raised from this project allows Jon and I to keep pumping out the free content we provide on this blog, the Magness & Marcus podcast, and on High Performance West. Additionally, part of the money raised for this project goes towards helping us support the elite athletes we work with.