What holds you back? What keeps you from performing to the best of your ability? That’s the topic of this weeks On Coaching Podcast with Magness & Marcus. We dive into identifying and then fixing the common issues we see in athletes that prevent them from taking that next step in performance. And, as you’ll soon learn, it has little to do with what workouts you are doing.
Topics covered include:
- Assigning Blame- You versus me?
- The disease of the legacy of Pre- Going for it versus actually setting yourself up to run to the best of your ability.
- How Loss Aversion impacts ourdecision making.
- Identifying where your athletes motivation comes from.
- How do you or your athletes define their self worth?
- What’s your point of comparison?
- Creating a secure but flexible Identity.
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Behave by Robert Sapolsky
The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Green
Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton
On Writing by Stephen King
Presence by Amy Cuddy