Lydiard, Daniels, Maffetone, Canova, Pfaff, Tellez. In the world of running, we tend to throw out names of well-known coaches and say that we train
In this episode, we explore the models of training that have stood the test of time. We delve into what their original training looked like, how it changed, and what stuck in our coaching education.
We cover a range of topics including:
- Ernst Van Aaken and the pure endurance method
- The Original Lydiard- We forgot about the hills and speed!
- The Intensity vs. Volume debate
- Designing Workouts for Physiology, Psychology, Biomechanics, or Fun!
- Stephen Seiller’s work on endurance training.
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- The Van Aaken Method
- The Maffetone Method
- Lydiard’s Original Training Schedules
- The Missouri HS Coaching Clinic featuring Vern Gambetta, Jimmy Radcliffe, Harry Mara, and more!
- The Scholar Program- Jon and Steve’s Coaches education program!