Is it all about the shoes? In this episode, we look at how recent shoe technology has changed the marathon. Is it all hype or is their substance to it? We dive into the research on the performance benefits and look at the performance of Kipchoge, Kosgei, and the American athletes for clues on how the marathon has changed. Finally, we discuss what we should do about it. Should we ban them? What about innovation? We try to cover it all in this weeks podcast.
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- Difference between Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifying in 2016 to 2020.
- Amby Burfoot’s take on the shoe issue.
- One Scientists proposal for how to regulate shoe technology
- The Missouri HS Coaching Clinic featuring Vern Gambetta, Jimmy Radcliffe, Harry Mara, and more!
- The Scholar Program- Jon and Steve’s Coaches education program!