Adversity, challenge, tough times; all experiences that we proclaim sport teaches us how to manage. Well, now is the time to put that experience into action. While we’re talking specifically about dealing with the cancellations, shut-downs, and disruption of life caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19), in this episode we want to explore how we can apply those lessons to handle adversity. We discuss:
- The importance of embracing reality
- The difference between preparation and panic
- Understanding the demands of the challenge that we’re faced with.
- How to decide what kind information is good or bad.
- Using a model including: Science, Theory, Practice, and History to guide decision making.
We are not experts on a virus, but we hope to bring some reality to the situation and explain how to use your skills that you’ve developed as a coach and athlete to manage difficult situations that disrupt our life.
Steve & Jon
Visit our Sponsor
Final Surge is a training log designed for athletes, coaches, and teams. They are giving listeners of the podcast 10% off by using the coupon code ONCOACHING
For coaches, it makes assigning workouts and designing training plans a breeze. It allows copious amounts of feedback from athletes, and even a message board for your athletes to interact, creating team bonding from afar. For athletes, it’s a sophisticated log that can track just about everything.
How do we know it’s good? I utilize Final Surge with my athletes as a way to plan, track, and receive feedback on all of their training.
Check out Final Surge and receive 10% off by visiting http://www.finalsurge.com/oncoaching and using the coupon code ONCOACHING
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- Panic or Prepared? The Importance of Embracing Reality
- Skip the Gym, And Lots of Stuff, to Keep Yourself and Community Safe
- Social distancing is the only way to stop the coronavirus. We must start immediately.
- The Foundation of Coaching Seminar– Learn the History of Endurance Training
- The Scholar Program- Jon and Steve’s Coaches education program!