In episode 107, we dive into what the sport will look like when we emerge from our current pandemic, and how it will have to change. We dive into a slew of topics, aimed at re-imagining our sport. Major sports (NFL,NBA, MLB) change their rules and playoff structures while keeping their history intact, how do we do the same? Topics covered include:
- We need to shift to seeing track and field as entertainment.
- How do we develop a coherent storyline for our sport?
- What does the future of college track and cross-country look like? Do we need to go a more regional model?
- What does it look like if we don’t have college football in the fall?
As a note, we are offering a 50% off of the HPW The Scholar Program, use the COUPON: STRONGERTOGETHER
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- Guts and Genius: The Story of Three Unlikely Coaches Who Came to Dominate the NFL in the ’80s
- The Scholar Program- Jon and Steve’s Coaches education program!- For a FREE MONTH, use the COUPON: BetterTogether
Visit our Sponsor
Final Surge is a training log designed for athletes, coaches, and teams. They are giving listeners of the podcast 10% off by using the coupon code ONCOACHING
For coaches, it makes assigning workouts and designing training plans a breeze. It allows copious amounts of feedback from athletes, and even a message board for your athletes to interact, creating team bonding from afar. For athletes, it’s a sophisticated log that can track just about everything.
How do we know it’s good? I utilize Final Surge with my athletes as a way to plan, track, and receive feedback on all of their training.
Check out Final Surge and receive 10% off by visiting http://www.finalsurge.com/oncoaching and using the coupon code ONCOACHING