It’s time for a deep dive into training. This week begins a multi-part series on the development of an athlete. We start with the intake process and deciding where to go with the athlete, and move on to what kind of training the athlete should do. For this week, we focus on the 5k and up, the distance events.
We walk you through:
- Event Demand + Athlete Characteristics = Training Program.
- How to find the weak link in the chain, and then what to do about it?
- Periodization based on the individual athlete.
- Setting a foundation with pure speed and general endurance.
Steve & Jon
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- Sprint Training for distance runners
- How to Classify Runners
- Research on the Individual Response to Training
- A Brief History of Interval Training
Visit our Sponsor
Want to up your coaching game? Try the HPW Scholar series. A massive library of coaching resources, courses, and podcasts that cover everything from training design, elite runners programs, and the psychology of performance. Updated every week with exclusive interviews, lectures, and training plans.
Visit the HPW Academy of Scholarship today!